Whalefall is my favorite movie of the year despite the fact I haven’t even seen it yet. The reason is easy to understand. It’s about a whale eating a guy who then tries to escape the whale that ate him. Only it’s not a comedy. Only the film’s trailers all play like comedies. It’s great and I love everything about it. So obviously I am all-in on the movie’s popcorn bucket, because it’s a giant whale that will let me, a guy, eat out of a whale while watching a whale eat a guy.
Even better? Special 4DX showings are getting their Whalefall whale popcorn buckets for free.
Regal Cinemas has announced that moviegoers who attend an early access October 14 4DX screening of Whalefall will get a complimentary collectible “Whalebucket.” It features a whale with a tiny scuba diver swimming along on the outside. This is different from the film, which, again, will see a whale eat a guy. But this bucket needs to hold a free large popcorn. That’s why the guy has to go outside while you eat from the whale.
It’s nearly perfect. Nearly because I would have preferred to see a popcorn bucket with the whale’s mouth wide open like it is in the trailer when Austin Abrams’ scuba diver desperately tries to climb out of the whale only to get stuck on its tongue.

But I am not about to let “perfect” be the enemy of “amazing,” and this popcorn bucket is amazing. It will also go on sale on October 15 at select theaters while supplies last. I doubt they will last long, because only one movie this year will tell the harrowing tale of a whale eating a guy. And only one popcorn bucket will then let you eat popcorn out of a whale while watching a movie where a whale eats a guy and he tries to escape the whale while you eat popcorn out of a whale.

Obviously this is my favorite popcorn bucket of the year, even though I don’t yet own it.
The post WHALEFALL Popcorn Bucket Is Better Than a Whale Eating a Guy appeared first on Nerdist.

0 Comments